- Under the "Model to GCode" dialog click "defaults" and click "Load Replicator Defaults".
- Under "Plastic" make sure your Filament diameter is accurate. This may take some fiddling. I find my prints work best at 1.79mm.
- Fix your Dimension plug-in settings:
- Select GCode->Edit Slicing Profiles...
- Duplicate your current settings to make a back up of the original... just in case.
- Select your original settings and click Edit...
- Click the Dimension button.
- Retraction speed 80mm/s (may be redundant)
- Retraction distance 0
- (EDIT:) Plug your makerbot into your computer, connect ReplicatorG and run the calibration script in ReplicatorG to center your build area.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Steps to take if you are having trouble with the Replicator firmware 5.5
I am back to printing at an... acceptable print quality. There's still some dialing in to do but for now I'm no longer failing miserably. Here's what I did for anyone else who may have a similar problem: