It was a good day of printing. Re-stocked my Doctor Who rings and finished my second skull gear. I haven't posted a "check out the coolness I printed" lately so be sure to check it out there on the right.
But after a hard weekend of printing the case fan is not lasting very long, even with oiling. However I've got two replacement fans and a new panel all printed out so I guess it's time to put those in.
Also the left extruder doesn't work at all any more. I can get maybe one print out of it if I clean the drive gear but chances are the Delrin plunger needs fixing, which would be okay except I've got the parts for a Mk8 replacement coming soon so I guess I'll just hold out for that. I was hoping to dual print some chess sets this week but I guess that'll wait. Better print out the part for it before the right one dies, tho.
Plus the new version of Sailfish just dropped so I'm gonna have to upgrade that.
When this is all said and done I need to make a full list of the mods I've made to my replicator. If there ever was a warranty on this thing it's good and voided now. I'm so grateful that Makerbot made such an extendable and modable machine. It's sometimes frustrating that it doesn't just work all the time, but it's exciting being able to make it work myself. It really creates a feeling of ownership that is just great.